Recipe type: Side
Cachapas is a Venezuelan food recipe for corn pancakes.
- 5 ears corn, shucked ( or 2 15.25oz cans of corn)
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar ( or increased this to 4 tbsp)
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 large eggs
- ¾ cup finely ground cornmeal
- 4 tablespoons butter
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade, puree the corn with milk, sugar, salt, pepper, egg and cornmeal. The batter should be the consistency of a thick pancake batter.
- Heat a large nonstick saute pan over low heat. Add 1 tbsp butter.
- When the butter has melted and is hot, add batter, forming 3 inch rounds. Cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Repeat process with remaining butter and batter.
- The cachapas may be made 2 hours in advance and kept uncovered at room temperature. They may be reheated in a 350°F oven until heated through.